KOTD Chat  [Archives]

Empty the chat input field
Loading ...
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

View Poll Results: Who Do You Think Won?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hollohan

37 57.81%
  • Cortez

27 42.19%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BLACKOUT 2 - HOLLOHAN vs CORTEZ (CO-HOSTED BY RAEKWON)

KOTD Elite Poster
    Chats
    Watching it again right now. Wanna break it down a bit.

1) Fuck Lush for his wack ass intro.

2) Hollohan easily gets round 1. The Kevin Bacon/Hollow Man line was better when Pass did it and I thought the STD angle was lame.

3) Was Hollohan's "...while she lays in the shower" scheme a flip? I only ask because he started the scheme with an STD line.

4) Hollohan gets round 2. I ain't never seen Cortez react to his opponent's lines. I can't think of one time. He bugs out a bunch here. The racist angle is played, too. And the fake choke was wack.

5) Hollohan gives another crazy verse. Tez's round was heavy, but the second half was all filler. I did like the "camp pain/campaign" line. I think that if Tez had switched the round around it would've made a better impact. Closest round, but I still give it to Hollohan.

Hollowhan was really consistent with his bars and tone all three round. Cortez got better with each round. I can't see more views changing my mind. Hollohan 3-0, arguable 2-1, but it'd be a clear, concise 2-1. Excellent battle, though. If Cortez can elimate most of his filler bars and get his personals in order and stop biting/recycling material (the Saurus battle was full of recycled shit) he'd be tough to beat.

The big question is, who is next for Hollohan? My vote is a Twist re-match.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Watching it again right now. Wanna break it down a bit.

1) Fuck Lush for his wack ass intro.
    lush is cool as fuck. myself and him however may have indulged in some extracurricular (or whatever the word is) activities and could not function properly at this time. see okwerdz behind the scenes video for more proof lol. i was holding the boom mic and sweating up a storm. was an awesome view though haha

hollohan 2-1 IMO

SHOUT OUT TO DON JUAN!!!

And rest in peace Bruce B !!!

That cortez 3 round was a funeral session man, shit i even feel bad for hollohan man.

Chats
    Why, though? Nobody's answering that. "They were personals." Yes, but were they true? If not, how hard did they really hit? Personals don't win just because they're personals. They have to be good.

Also, I agree about Lush. He used to be attentive and reactive. Now he's just so gakked off his mind it's embarrassing.
    "You're two-faced when it comes to holdin' water: Aquemini."

Watched the battle twice. At first I thought Cortez got it but after a 2nd look I'm giving it to Hollohan 2-1 giving him the 1st and 3rd. But here's what I don't understand....everyone who is saying that Cortez was all filler...HOLLOHAN spit an insane amount of filler too. I mean his "removing your organs like a church renovation" and his "simpsons opening credits" shit was great but he had a lot of shit that would apply to anyone in any battle. So why is it that Cortez isn't allowed to use filler?? Does anyone think that Hollohan is a serial killer? My issue here it with fans using filler as a reason for giving the battle to Hollohan and not Cortez. Filler doesn't bother me, it's necessary, and when done well, it's entertaining as fuck. Cortez third wasn't as heavy as Hollohans it seemed much shorter. Hollohan just landed his shots better than Tez. Having said that after seeing this Im 100% that Cortez will body Shotgun Suge in Jersey

Money Bag
    Chats
    The thing about cortez is that he played the same personals that thesaurus played against him.. std (jokes or truth?) , thesaurus played him the same thing, calling it hiv/aids in their battle. Even if its not true its played so much that belivable, like that madnezz is fat and diz a terrorist.. If the first cortez round have some truths in it its kinda embarrasy for hollow. Hollow did not rebuttal the whole of the std, he kinda only said he fuck cortez gf or whatever with the std.. so kinda of halv point.. he still has an std?

And its kind of the same story about the hollohan-rasist thing.. dont have a clue if its true or not but pat stay, thesaurus said it too... even with a flip on cortez about hollohan beeing half-spanish too..

Overall cortez has more personalls and i rate personals lines more hard hitting then bars and jokes.

Cortez came alot more tactically smart voice wise. Hollow came more agressive and both worked well.

even if the bruce b stuff is true or not or a half truth? its somehow belivable, when hollow make his image himself a druged up dude

hollowhan came worse off...
    2 - 1 win for cortez

both are awesome skills, taken nothing away from hollohan

Money Bag
    Chats
    By the way.. why the fuck does personals need to be true... as long as its believableto the crowds..

arcane was believable for a while... then no more. effect gone. even if the personals migh have been true or not. effect of believability.

And if you think about it.. jokes are mostly not true... mother jokes became true? when?
    Bars, if you mean that gangster bars gun bars, hutle crap... true ?

My point is that both personals, jokes and bars might work if the crowds believe in them, even if they are true or not

Chats
    I've explained this before, and I'm getting concerned that battle fans don't have the capacity to grasp the difference.

Mother jokes are jokes. Nobody expect them to be taken seriously. Bender didn't expect us to actually believe 24's girl was blowing him in a rental car. It was just a good line.

Personals, like Arcane used, rely on us taking them seriously. That's why he said them. He said them in the hopes that we'd believe the info and believe his opponent was being exposed, thus earning him the win. When you put bars out there that you expect us to believe, and they're not true, then you're a tool.

Hollohan said it, too. If you don't believe it, why should anyone else? They need to believe it. Bender's scheme against Arcane basically smashed all those fake personals. He made it played out.

Bender said "personals" to Arcane that weren't true just to prove how easy it is. "You paid the judges off to beat that dude Corey. True story." Do you believe him? I didn't. Thus, the line didn't damage Arcane for me. Bender knew that it wasn't true, and knew we'd know, but he used it to completely take ANY steam out of using fake personals.

That is the difference. Nobody expects mother jokes or girlfriend jokes to be taken seriously. Personals are personal because they NEED the crowd to believe them. The problem is that lots of people are believing personals JUST because they're personals. Everyone is sucking up Cort's Bruce B comments, but they've pretty much been exposed as nonsense. So, what impact do they have?

Cort needed US to buy into it, so they need to be true. If I don't know that a personal is true, it won't register with me as a fan.

Cruger, for example, NAILED Charron with personals that didn't NEED clarification. He dissed Laura Tarsi, she was in the room. He went at them both with venom. THAT is the kind of personal I can dig. He didn't reference shit that NOBODY knew the truth of. People knew the truth regarding Charron/Laura's Facebook thing, and then he added in some firebombs that dissed them both from his own opinion.

Cortez just dissed Hollohan for shit that he heard rumours of, and everyone's saying that killed Hollohan. It's bull.
    "You're two-faced when it comes to holdin' water: Aquemini."

KOTD Elite Poster
    Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFly View Post
    lush is cool as fuck.
    I'm not saying he isn't cool to be around and party with. But c'mon. You're standing next to Raekwon at a KOTD event, about to see a classic battle and all you do is a fucking retarded-as-shit intro big upping yourself? No one even cheers for him, which was hilarious. I get that people not battling are gonna get fucked up at the event, but c'mon, him being there is worthless if he's just wrecked the whole time. In the early days of GTWC, he was on point with everything. Now he just fucked up all the time and annoying as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned2dabone View Post
    But here's what I don't understand....everyone who is saying that Cortez was all filler...HOLLOHAN spit an insane amount of filler too.
    I get where you're coming from with this. I think that when I notice the bars are all bullshit filler bars is when they lose all reason for me. Hollo had filler, but it was good, intricate, well written filler (the majority of it anyway) while Cortez's filler was bland and generic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by investor View Post
    Overall cortez has more personalls and i rate personals lines more hard hitting then bars and jokes.
    So, if someone comes with two rounds of recycled angles that are assumed "personals" than thats better and more hard hitting than solid bars? I'm all for personals, but when they're recycled and/or openly known, they lose all of that sting. He had a fresh take on the racist angle by bringing in Hollohan's mom, but overall, his first two rounds were played out before he even spit 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by investor View Post
    Cortez came alot more tactically smart voice wise.
    He had a plan for each round, but a plan is only as good as how it can be executed. And Cortez thought his bars were gonna be ground breaking hay makers, when they weren't even close to that. It was mostly shit that everyone has already heard. Plus, a handful of his bars didn't make sense, the fake choke bar sticks out. He basically bit/recycled 24/7's battle plan against Bender, which was to focus on one aspect per round, ride the shit out of that topic and bring it all together at the end.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.