KOTD Chat  [Archives]

Empty the chat input field
Loading ...
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Official To the Test 10 Discussion/Battles Thread

Prove Yoself Poster cracker meow's Avatar
    Chats
    Round 1 Sensa
    Round 2 O'shea
    Round 3 Sensa
    Robbery Title Matches Not Just In KOTD

Chats
    The only reason I'm not more annoyed is because I really like O'Shea.

I gave it to Sensa in 3, though.
    "You're two-faced when it comes to holdin' water: Aquemini."

KOTD Elite Poster
    Chats
    Don't Flop kicking 2012 off big time.

Event looks insane. Might end up being crazier that BITW5. Is there a full release schedule out?

Mickey Worthless biting DirtBag with the whole "show up not looking like a piece of shit" tactic.

The title match was a pretty bad robbery. An amazing battle, but Sensa won that. Pretty clearly I think. Oshea had some of his best shit ever, but Sensa came back with rounds that were just a little better. Plus he actually rapped and never slipped up.

Is the trailer only from one day of the event? I know it was supposed to be a two day thing.

Chats
    It was.

I don't know the exact release schedule, but one's getting upload on the 22nd and then another on the 25th. No clue which.

There needs to be 5 judges who are battle rappers or former ones who were in the league or are still in it. Or atleast someone like say, Soul Khan in KOTD. He know the history of it so he should be able to judge. I respect Fredo and Nils, but they shouldnt be judging a title match in a league they arent a big part of.

Had Sensa rounds 1 and 3 and Oshea round 2. Im not mad at it because it's not a league I fully support. O well.
    'This fag is enormous. Wait, I don't want to say that word. Someone grab a TheSaurus.' - Dumb

'Wow. History Has A Strange Way Of Repeating Itself.' - Hollohan

KOTD Elite Poster
    Chats
    Gonna get real off topic with this one, but I think there is an interesting discussion floating around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Spulecki View Post
    There needs to be 5 judges who are battle rappers or former ones who were in the league or are still in it. Or atleast someone like say, Soul Khan in KOTD. He know the history of it so he should be able to judge. I respect Fredo and Nils, but they shouldnt be judging a title match in a league they arent a big part of.
    I don't think "history" should be considered at all. Having Fredo and Nils as judges for the title match, I think, was a good idea. Yes, the title is on the line, and no they aren't part of the Don't Flop league but the battle should be judged as if it were a regular battle. A title is important but half of the reason the decision was so hard for these guys, I think, is because the title is on the line. The added pressure of deciding the league champ made the decision THAT much more difficult. I think Fredo and Nils, while they still robbed Sensa, were, at least a bit, detached from the hype of the "title match."

I'm not saying anyone did, but when you start adding stipulations to your judging because of a big match/big names involved, shit gets twisted. This match deserved some un-biased cats and, granted I don't know if Matter, Schizzaz and that other dude have feelings one way or the other for Oshea or Sesna, they are in the league together and there will be a chance, they could battle each other/have crossed paths before/could be friends/might hate each other.

I do think that O'Shea and Sensa should have agreed/had some say as to who was going to judge the battle. With as much bitching as goes on about judging (especially between KOTD GP final, title match, and now the DF title match) I really think the leagues have to give the battlers (for the bigger, main event battles at least) a pick over the judges they want. Not some, "I want my friend to judge" shit, but give them a choice between eight dudes who will be judging throughout the event and make everyone agree to it. That way no one can cry once everything is over. I do understand the logistics of that would be a headache, but if done ahead of time, it wouldn't be too hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Gonna get real off topic with this one, but I think there is an interesting discussion floating around here.

I don't think "history" should be considered at all. Having Fredo and Nils as judges for the title match, I think, was a good idea. Yes, the title is on the line, and no they aren't part of the Don't Flop league but the battle should be judged as if it were a regular battle. A title is important but half of the reason the decision was so hard for these guys, I think, is because the title is on the line. The added pressure of deciding the league champ made the decision THAT much more difficult. I think Fredo and Nils, while they still robbed Sensa, were, at least a bit, detached from the hype of the "title match."

I'm not saying anyone did, but when you start adding stipulations to your judging because of a big match/big names involved, shit gets twisted. This match deserved some un-biased cats and, granted I don't know if Matter, Schizzaz and that other dude have feelings one way or the other for Oshea or Sesna, they are in the league together and there will be a chance, they could battle each other/have crossed paths before/could be friends/might hate each other.

I do think that O'Shea and Sensa should have agreed/had some say as to who was going to judge the battle. With as much bitching as goes on about judging (especially between KOTD GP final, title match, and now the DF title match) I really think the leagues have to give the battlers (for the bigger, main event battles at least) a pick over the judges they want. Not some, "I want my friend to judge" shit, but give them a choice between eight dudes who will be judging throughout the event and make everyone agree to it. That way no one can cry once everything is over. I do understand the logistics of that would be a headache, but if done ahead of time, it wouldn't be too hard to do.
    It should be judged as a regular battle in the sense of personals, creativity, style, rebuttals, etc.. But there is another level of battles where when knowledge of the battlers needs to be of the utmost importance. The idea of having 8-10 battlers/KNOWLEDGEABLE about the history of the company persons as a pool to pick from, thats a good idea.

But at the end of the day, its a TITLE MATCH. You cant say this and that and this other stuff, NO. Stipulations need to happen because there is too much on the line to be nice about it. Sensa went for the throat in his 3rd. 5 people, who know about both of the people in the title match. DONE.
    'This fag is enormous. Wait, I don't want to say that word. Someone grab a TheSaurus.' - Dumb

'Wow. History Has A Strange Way Of Repeating Itself.' - Hollohan

KOTD Elite Poster
    Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Spulecki View Post
    It should be judged as a regular battle in the sense of personals, creativity, style, rebuttals, etc.. But there is another level of battles where when knowledge of the battlers needs to be of the utmost importance. The idea of having 8-10 battlers/KNOWLEDGEABLE about the history of the company persons as a pool to pick from, thats a good idea.

But at the end of the day, its a TITLE MATCH. You cant say this and that and this other stuff, NO. Stipulations need to happen because there is too much on the line to be nice about it. Sensa went for the throat in his 3rd. 5 people, who know about both of the people in the title match. DONE.
    I guess I just don't really get how having people "know about" both guys in the battle makes the judging more legit. Would you mind elaborating a bit on that? I just see that as a basis for biased feelings.

The best judge, in my opinion, is someone who is unbiased but knows about battles and what it takes to be win one/be good at all the different aspects. Title match or not, someone's criteria for judging any battle should be consistent.

It's impossible to find out, but I wonder if the voting would have been the same from everyone if the battle wasn't for the title. The way I see it, if your vote would go one way for a regular match, but change because it's a title match, your judgement is automatically biased. Stipulations make for slanted judging, that's all I'm saying.

Chats
    If it wasn't a title match, O'Shea wouldn't have won. I'm not saying there's bias, but the crowd affected that decision clearly.

The whole battle was mired in hyperbolic contradictions.

Anyway...the To the Test 10 schedule is on the Don't Flop YouTube page, which you should already be subscribed to. Here's the next battle

Matter Vs Fredo

HUGELY close battle. I disagree with the decision, but I'm not mad either way.

KOTD Elite Poster
    Chats
    Matter vs Fredo was fucking awesome.

After watching one, I edged it to Matter. Second watch, maybe slightly more to Fredo. It's one of those battles that could just go either way.

When Fredo is on point, his shit is crazy.

Matter vs Rone. Make it happen!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.