KOTD Chat  [Archives]

Empty the chat input field
Loading ...
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Fly's Flatline Review

  1. #11
    KOTD Elite Poster Droppinknowledge69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Suck It
    Posts
    505
    Chats
    45
    underground fans can be so dumb. I don't listen to much of drake...i've never downloaded any of his music...therefore i'm in no position to call him wack or say he's not deep or unintelligent. alot of you guys talking shit don't listen to his music. so how the fuck do you know? that's the thing about underground fans...they're VERY VERY hypocritical. "it's not about the fame MAN it's about the talent!" but if he is famous then it doesn't matter if he's talented. to alot underground fans... just because they're famous all the sudden they're not good. i've been there too...went to parties where lil wayne is playing and i'm arguing "no, no, no...you don't understand....BIG L is hip hop. this isn't hip hop". underground fans have a deep jealousy issues that they're favorite emcee's aren't the most popular. that's why alot of underground fans are just as judgemental as mainstream fans. its really funny actually. and to be honest, the couple songs i've listened to of drake (which i've listened to verrrrrry few songs and I don't know the names of any of em) but he's def talented. he's def got bars. and if you don't think so that's straight. don't listen. but don't fucking bad mouth a dude and think you're opinion on something SO subjective is better than another dudes (cough cough THE MASK cough cough)



    and for the record. you don't have to be Tupac to be good. There aren't many Tupac's around...that's why Tupac is so great is because there aren't any other Tupac.
    Last edited by Droppinknowledge69; 11-07-2011 at 01:19 AM.

  2. #12
    KOTD Elite Poster The Mast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    781
    Chats
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Droppinknowledge69 View Post
    underground fans can be so dumb. I don't listen to much of drake...i've never downloaded any of his music...therefore i'm in no position to call him wack or say he's not deep or unintelligent. alot of you guys talking shit don't listen to his music. so how the fuck do you know? that's the thing about underground fans...they're VERY VERY hypocritical. "it's not about the fame MAN it's about the talent!" but if he is famous then it doesn't matter if he's talented. to alot underground fans... just because they're famous all the sudden they're not good. i've been there too...went to parties where lil wayne is playing and i'm arguing "no, no, no...you don't understand....BIG L is hip hop. this isn't hip hop". underground fans have a deep jealousy issues that they're favorite emcee's aren't the most popular. that's why alot of underground fans are just as judgemental as mainstream fans. its really funny actually. and to be honest, the couple songs i've listened to of drake (which i've listened to verrrrrry few songs and I don't know the names of any of em) but he's def talented. he's def got bars. and if you don't think so that's straight. don't listen. but don't fucking bad mouth a dude and think you're opinion on something SO subjective is better than another dudes (cough cough THE MASK cough cough)



    and for the record. you don't have to be Tupac to be good. There aren't many Tupac's around...that's why Tupac is so great is because there aren't any other Tupac.
    You do realise that typing the cough sound, with my name misspelled in caps, doesn't actually disguise shit, right?

    I wouldn't judge if I hadn't listened. That would make me an uninformed idiot. I'm not uninformed as I have listened to his music and he doesn't have "bars" by any kind of standard I hold. Illmac has bars, Bender has bars, Crooked I has bars, Elzhi has bars, Redman has bars, Joe Budden has bars, Chino XL has bars and Biggie had bars.

    Drake does not "have bars" by my standards. To have bars you need to have stand-out lyricism, and he doesn't.

    Everything in the underground isn't great, everything in the mainstream isn't necessarily wack. So, maybe stop being a presumptuous moron and actually learn to understand the person you're not-so-subtly dissing. Maybe if you read my posts instead of using 4Chan rebuttals, you'd understand who you're talking to.

    Besides, having bars isn't subjective. You cannot argue that Drake is a superior lyricist to Possessed, at all. Vocabulary, cadence, intellect, knowledge, wordplay and general linguistic schemes all go in Possessed's favour. Now, that doesn't mean anything in terms of who makes better tunes. That IS subjective, but skill is not. You can't prefer who is skilled, or more skilled.

    If you feel that someone could argue, "Yes, Drake could get to the W.R.C. finals." and be credible? You're wrong.

    Nobody is wrong for thinking that A Milli is a dope song, and nobody's wrong to say it's wack. There's no wrong or right in taste. To say he has great lyrical craftsmanship IS wrong and can be proven by breaking down MCing into measurable categories as I just did.

    As for your nonsensical proposal that we're all jealous our favourite MCs aren't as popular...what? Why do I give a fuck how famous or unknown someone is? I'm buying a CD and I'm listening to it. It doesn't matter to me if 10 million or 100 people are doing the same thing. The fact that I own it is good enough for me. I couldn't care less what other people do. The music isn't going to change for me if more people know.

    To further prove you know nothing, if anything, fame has proven to be the undoing of many MCs. Eminem circa Infinite/The Slim Shady L.P. to, most notably, Encore and such? That's what fame can do. Ludacris had a relatively good debut, now he's doing tunes with Bieber. Fame doesn't have to be a bad thing, so long as the MC has it in them to keep it real and not sell themselves out. Em didn't, Luda didn't and many others didn't.

    You can be incredibly successful and not turn into a pop-hop bitch. I'm not anti-fame, I'm not pro-anonymity. I'm pro-do what comes natural and don't be a sell-out. For Possessed it's natural to do music his way and to burn mics into dust. For Drake it's natural to get girls to quote him and buy his album, and appear in Bieber videos. If that's his way, that's fine, but then don't act like you're a true MC for it. Besides, music is about honesty. Drake preaches respect for women out the one side of his mouth, then says, "Have some good pussy waitin' on a nigga." with the other. See women as pussy or see them with respectful eyes, but you can't have both.

    Of course, this is all too long for you to read. So, rather than replying with intelligence and composure, I do expect a, "You mad?" or some shit. Before you do that, though, just consider actually replying like an adult and not making shit up for once.
    Last edited by The Mast; 11-07-2011 at 02:06 AM.
    "You're two-faced when it comes to holdin' water: Aquemini."

  3. #13
    KOTD Elite Poster Droppinknowledge69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Suck It
    Posts
    505
    Chats
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mast View Post
    You do realise that typing the cough sound, with my name misspelled in caps, doesn't actually disguise shit, right?

    I wouldn't judge if I hadn't listened. That would make me an uninformed idiot. I'm not uninformed as I have listened to his music and he doesn't have "bars" by any kind of standard I hold. Illmac has bars, Bender has bars, Crooked I has bars, Elzhi has bars, Redman has bars, Joe Budden has bars, Chino XL has bars and Biggie had bars.

    Drake does not "have bars" by my standards. To have bars you need to have stand-out lyricism, and he doesn't.

    Everything in the underground isn't great, everything in the mainstream isn't necessarily wack. So, maybe stop being a presumptuous moron and actually learn to understand the person you're not-so-subtly dissing. Maybe if you read my posts instead of using 4Chan rebuttals, you'd understand who you're talking to.

    Besides, having bars isn't subjective. You cannot argue that Drake is a superior lyricist to Possessed, at all. Vocabulary, cadence, intellect, knowledge, wordplay and general linguistic schemes all go in Possessed's favour. Now, that doesn't mean anything in terms of who makes better tunes. That IS subjective, but skill is not. You can't prefer who is skilled, or more skilled.

    If you feel that someone could argue, "Yes, Drake could get to the W.R.C. finals." and be credible? You're wrong.

    Nobody is wrong for thinking that A Milli is a dope song, and nobody's wrong to say it's wack. There's no wrong or right in taste. To say he has great lyrical craftsmanship IS wrong and can be proven by breaking down MCing into measurable categories as I just did.

    As for your nonsensical proposal that we're all jealous our favourite MCs aren't as popular...what? Why do I give a fuck how famous or unknown someone is? I'm buying a CD and I'm listening to it. It doesn't matter to me if 10 million or 100 people are doing the same thing. The fact that I own it is good enough for me. I couldn't care less what other people do. The music isn't going to change for me if more people know.

    To further prove you know nothing, if anything, fame has proven to be the undoing of many MCs. Eminem circa Infinite/The Slim Shady L.P. to, most notably, Encore and such? That's what fame can do. Ludacris had a relatively good debut, now he's doing tunes with Bieber. Fame doesn't have to be a bad thing, so long as the MC has it in them to keep it real and not sell themselves out. Em didn't, Luda didn't and many others didn't.

    You can be incredibly successful and not turn into a pop-hop bitch. I'm not anti-fame, I'm not pro-anonymity. I'm pro-do what comes natural and don't be a sell-out. For Possessed it's natural to do music his way and to burn mics into dust. For Drake it's natural to get girls to quote him and buy his album, and appear in Bieber videos. If that's his way, that's fine, but then don't act like you're a true MC for it. Besides, music is about honesty. Drake preaches respect for women out the one side of his mouth, then says, "Have some good pussy waitin' on a nigga." with the other. See women as pussy or see them with respectful eyes, but you can't have both.

    Of course, this is all too long for you to read. So, rather than replying with intelligence and composure, I do expect a, "You mad?" or some shit. Before you do that, though, just consider actually replying like an adult and not making shit up for once.


    are...you...mad?

  4. #14
    KOTD Elite Poster The Mast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    781
    Chats
    0
    Really, though? If I tell you to bark, will you ask how loud, too? Since you do as I say, clearly, maybe I ought to tell you to act more mature.
    "You're two-faced when it comes to holdin' water: Aquemini."

  5. #15
    Droppin', I get what you're saying about the average underground fan automatically hating on the mainstream out of some misguided resentment of their success and dickriding anything Pitchfork deems hype-worthy, but that's not the perspective I'm coming at this from. I've listened to enough of Drake's music to recognize that on a subjective level, it's really just not for me, but also that from a subjective perspective, he's inferior lyrically to any MC I rate. One or two syllable rhymes with strained similes don't do much for me, and on another less personal level, they really can't be regarded as anything approaching exemplary of his craft. Someone earlier was saying that Drake is a valid artist because he's good at what he does. However, what he does is make sub-par commercial rap, so regardless of if he's good at what he does, what he does isn't good. Those are two very separate things. And for the record, I thought that Watch The Throne was one of the dopest albums this year, so I'm really not directly opposed to the mainstream, merely inclined to dismiss it given precedence of wackness. And while I'd love to see rappers like Thirsty Fish or Flight Distance get more shine, at the end of the day, I listen to their music because of how dope it is, not for their status in the underground.

    Mast, I agree with the majority of what you've said here. While the appreciation of music itself is defined by its subjectivity, there are definitely objective criteria that can determine the abilities of an artist, perhaps especially within rap. The WRC shit you said was on point because let's face it, if Drake WROTE for the WRCs he'd still have no chance of beating Saurus/Mac. And while some would argue that that's a separate arena not necessarily comparable to the music industry, it still speaks to his abilities as a rapper, which a situation such as that would demonstrate. By the by, I usually take the time out to read your responses in full and appreciate you not shortening them in reaction to the you mad bro trolling. The TL;DR phenomenon is spreading cancerously and has started to impede the potential for intellectual discourse on forums like this. So props man.

    Anyways, as I've said before, I've got mad respect for Drake for doing what he did and making his presence in support of the movement known, but I just can't offer that same respect to his music. And as he fails to meet both objective and subjective criteria in an artist, I feel perfectly validated in my opinion that he's wack. Am I saying that the people who enjoy his music should stop? No. My opinion isn't absolute, and I'm not trying to shove it down anyone's throat. All I'm saying is that I'm completely entitled to calling him wack without being labelled a hater for it.

  6. #16
    so we can get back to the thread?

    i forgot dna also spoke/rapped in arabic to diz. i have no idea what he said but diz cracked up

  7. #17
    Prove Yoself Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Home Of The Mighty Habs
    Posts
    47
    Chats
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFly View Post
    so we can get back to the thread?

    i forgot dna also spoke/rapped in arabic to diz. i have no idea what he said but diz cracked up
    I'll translate it when the video drops

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFly View Post
    so we can get back to the thread?

    i forgot dna also spoke/rapped in arabic to diz. i have no idea what he said but diz cracked up
    Shit, that actually happened? I saw that on RM and thought they were trolling haha

  9. #19
    KOTD Elite Poster Droppinknowledge69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Suck It
    Posts
    505
    Chats
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by illipsis View Post
    Droppin', I get what you're saying about the average underground fan automatically hating on the mainstream out of some misguided resentment of their success and dickriding anything Pitchfork deems hype-worthy, but that's not the perspective I'm coming at this from. I've listened to enough of Drake's music to recognize that on a subjective level, it's really just not for me, but also that from a subjective perspective, he's inferior lyrically to any MC I rate. One or two syllable rhymes with strained similes don't do much for me, and on another less personal level, they really can't be regarded as anything approaching exemplary of his craft. Someone earlier was saying that Drake is a valid artist because he's good at what he does. However, what he does is make sub-par commercial rap, so regardless of if he's good at what he does, what he does isn't good. Those are two very separate things. And for the record, I thought that Watch The Throne was one of the dopest albums this year, so I'm really not directly opposed to the mainstream, merely inclined to dismiss it given precedence of wackness. And while I'd love to see rappers like Thirsty Fish or Flight Distance get more shine, at the end of the day, I listen to their music because of how dope it is, not for their status in the underground.

    Mast, I agree with the majority of what you've said here. While the appreciation of music itself is defined by its subjectivity, there are definitely objective criteria that can determine the abilities of an artist, perhaps especially within rap. The WRC shit you said was on point because let's face it, if Drake WROTE for the WRCs he'd still have no chance of beating Saurus/Mac. And while some would argue that that's a separate arena not necessarily comparable to the music industry, it still speaks to his abilities as a rapper, which a situation such as that would demonstrate. By the by, I usually take the time out to read your responses in full and appreciate you not shortening them in reaction to the you mad bro trolling. The TL;DR phenomenon is spreading cancerously and has started to impede the potential for intellectual discourse on forums like this. So props man.

    Anyways, as I've said before, I've got mad respect for Drake for doing what he did and making his presence in support of the movement known, but I just can't offer that same respect to his music. And as he fails to meet both objective and subjective criteria in an artist, I feel perfectly validated in my opinion that he's wack. Am I saying that the people who enjoy his music should stop? No. My opinion isn't absolute, and I'm not trying to shove it down anyone's throat. All I'm saying is that I'm completely entitled to calling him wack without being labelled a hater for it.

    first of all. i refuse to take The Mast serious. i can't take people who take this shit that serious, serously. i can't help it, people like that are funny to laugh at but not cool to be around. secondly, that whole thesaurus and illmac being better at battling than drake....ummmmm duh. Thesaurus and Illmac are very, very, very,very good at battling. i mean, just because battle rap and hip hop have some similarities doesn't mean they aren't VERY different too. again, i don't listen to drakes music so i'm not trying to defend him but i just think that your using battle rap a little to much as the be all end all of HIP HOP. i'm much more of a hip hop fan than a battle rap fan and i think that's much harder to do because it's more more versital and meaningful...not just a competitive game of "who's better". And I've heard the soul khan's and dumbfoundead's and illmac's (and alot of others) say that shit over and over again and i'm sure alot of other battle rappers (the majority) agree with that.



    but whatever, i'ma bounce, i don't want to talk about spoilers i want to watch that shit for myself. i just saw the drake topic and thought hating on anybody that puts music out is wack...just don't listen to it if you don't like it. i don't. but i know alot of people that do and genuinely like it. music speaks to different people in different ways and don't think you're better because you listen to different shit you fucking dummies.

  10. #20
    KOTD Elite Poster The Mast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    781
    Chats
    0
    If you feel like actually comprehending the points that I've made, instead of just replying aimlessly to shit I didn't specifically say, well...that'd be just terrific.

    I never said "battling", I said "rapping".

    In terms of quality of bars, lyricism and skill, shit IS objective and Drake ISN'T a good MC. He forces a lot of his shit and is crazy played out. Now, again, I respect his dedication to this league and supporting it, but that doesn't mean people have to pucker up for dude.
    "You're two-faced when it comes to holdin' water: Aquemini."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •